Zuvius Launched Medico Legal Contents for Doctors and clinicians at their website
Admin / May 25, 2015 / Medico Legal, Do's and Dont's by clinico
Medico Legal principles underpin every move a clinician makes. Knowing the medical law and guidance that surrounds one’s actions, will enable Doctors to justify them., Gist of some of Important general Medico legal Do's & Dont's.
- Advisable - Take feedback at discharge from the patient /attendants in a register / form kept for this purpose.
- Anticipate and take appropriate precautions for any exigency / contingency that could arise due to ‘normal human behaviour.'
- Do not discriminate HIV patients
- Advisable-Cases where legal action is anticipated /threatened
- Advisable - Make and preserve photocopies of investigations recorded on thermal / chemical coated / special paper.
- Advisable - Avoid any abnormal reaction or overreaction after a medical mishap.
- Record certain relevant and patient related observations (like ‘patient feeling nervous’) in the medical records.
- Advisable - Take appropriate precautions to minimize human error.
- Treatment by non-allopathic doctor with allopathic drugs
- Ensure that outside food is not taken by patient when in- house food is provided.
- Advisable - Club HPE charges with surgery / procedure charges in cases where it is mandatory to send the samples for HPE after that surgery / procedure.
- Send samples for HPE where it is mandatory to do so.
- Advisable - Deal tactfully with political pressures.
- Advisable -Take the patient's history in the patient's hand writing on a printed form having suitable columns /spaces, especially during the first consultation / before admission.
- Take holidays into account while referring patients for investigations.
- Execute proper legal agreement with NGO's / other agencies before providing them hospital facilities. Intimate
their patients about such agreements in writing.
- Contemplate and take extra care in changing a medicine.
- Record specifically refusal failure of the patient / attendants to do something that is required to be done.
- Advisable - Ensure that documents like consent / information sheets / medical records are written by single person and with the same pen without changing the ink.
- Advice the patient to seek medical help elsewhere rather than wait if the requisite infrastructure / facility / doctors are unavailable.
- Confirm the rules applicable in your 'State' before starting treatment of malaria on a presumptive basis.
- Advisable - Cross-check veracity of reports of another facility / hospital / doctor produced by the patient in legal proceedings.
In order to know more in detail all parts of Clinico Legal in various parts, please register as Doctors with Doctors login and details:
- Zuvius Lifescience Along with YouWeCan (Yuvraj Singh's NGO) has Initiated a Nation Wide Cancer Awareness Programme Mumbai, Maharashtra , India
- Zuvius Lifesciences & Youwecan Foundations Marathon Initiative at VJTI, Mumbai
- Zuvius Lifesciences Participated in Cancer Walk Rally
- Zuvius launches Zyrolbine
- Zuvius Launches Zinotecan in 100mg, and 40 mg